It is with great regret that we have to cancel the Flagstaff Frenzy and the Super D. This is based on input from USFS, current weather forecast and the fact that there is a few inches of snow already on the ground at the venue. Quite simply we would do more damage to the trail, and put riders at risk.
SERIES CHAMPS – will be based on points through the last event. Jerseys will be shipped out in the next week (we actually had them on hand this year).
REFUNDS – given this is an act of God/Mother Nature, and the MBAA is a non-profit – we are issuing a 50% for all registered riders. Boris will be issuing refunds within the next week.
RESCHEDULE – no plans at this time – we will continue to review this as a board.
Our apologies – however Mother Nature, your safety, the trails and the USFS reign supreme.
Thank you for a fantastic season, and your continued support –
MBAA Board (volunteers)
Official note from USFS –
Greetings Mike, after internal discussions with the Flagstaff Rec Staff Officer, the Deputy District Ranger (Authorized Officer for Special Uses Permits), and the trails supervisor, it has been decided that the scheduled Mountain Bike Association of Arizona bike race should be cancelled for this weekend, because of the on-going precipitation, including snow and rain. More snow and rain is predicted for later today and tonight; thus the trails will not have any time to dry out, leading to degradation of the trails…
It may be possible to reschedule the event sometime after the Memorial Day holiday, if the MBAA would like to pursue that option. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause, but as active trail partners with the Forest Service, we are confident that this decision will be understood by the MBAA as necessary.
If you have any questions, please call me.