The MBAA 2014 Series Rules. The cliff note version (do they even have Cliff Notes anymore?) is outlined below (I like bullet points people):
- VOLUNTEER / TRAIL HOURS –
- 4 hrs of Trail AND/OR Volunteer hours will be required to win the state championship title.
- 20hrs Trail AND/OR Volunteer for Little Ring Teams (total for your team)
- 40 hrs Trail AND/OR Volunteer for Big Ring Teams (total for your team)
- This is not a change from 2013, and does not really ask that much of you to give back to the events, trails, sport. Make it happen, heck do more if you want, 4 is just the min. Others can log hours for you if you need to knock it out. Trail Work dates set up by the MBAA are not all inclusive, you may do trail work on your own just get land manager approval.
- USA CYCLING (USAC) STUFF –
- We sanction with USAC to have a state championship title, allow you to get points towards qualifying for nationals and to insure the events – not to mention they are the national governing body – like it or not.
- Pros and Cat 1 must have a valid annual license – no change
- 1 Day licenses – now cost $10 per day vs $5 previously.
- Pros and Cat 1 riders may NOT use 1 day licenses.
- Cat 2 / Cat 3 / Rock Crusher / Marathon / Single Speed – may use 1 day licenses.
- If you were previously a Pro or Cat 1 rider, and are no longer racing in that category, USAC would like you to purchase an annual license – we will have some latitude/flexibility here.
- YOUTH / JR CATEGORY AGES –
- Youth (6-8) – NEW category for 2014
- Jr (9-11) – Revised age from 10-12 to ages 9-11
- Jr (12-14) – revised from 13-14 to ages 12-14
- SERIES SCORING –
- Best 5 out of 6 individual races will count towards the series championship
- Points go 15 places deep per category/gender
- Sierra Vista is worth 1.5x points
- Team scoring – total points per team by division – most points wins
- MARC in the park will count towards team points
- Points per place are outlined within the rules
Full rules MBAA 2014 Series Rules and any questions regarding the rules should be directed to your Competition Director – Jon Shouse.
Thanks for your support – we look forward to kicking off the 2014 season in just a few days time!