Trail Work Day at Estrella
Sunday, January 22
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm – come out for the morning, afternoon or all day.
- Meet at the Competitive Track parking lot (map).
- Morning briefing 7:30 – 7:45 am to discuss tools and the work to be completed.
- We are rerouting one short section and fixing drainage issues at three other locations in addition to some tree trimming and general clean-up. We need some heavy lifters to move large rocks and dig trenches.
- Lunch will be provided by REI
- Bring plenty of water (more than you think you will need), work gloves and appropriate clothing to work in.
- MBAA will provide the tools.
- If you or someone you know would like to help out but cannot perform trail work we could also use one or two people to take photographs during the work project.
Please RSVP here so we can get a count for lunch
Estrella Hedgehog Hustle
Saturday, January 28
Sign up to Volunteer at Estrella
- Pre-riding is always encouraged. Review the Course Map.
- Please be courteous to others when passing – pass on the left when possible.
- With the incredible turnout at McDowell, we are going to send the junior riders off in 30 second intervals.
- Know your Start Times & Lap Counts.
- Official photographer of the MBAA series is Frozen Motion Photos
- MBAA hats, t-shirts, socks, and memberships will be available for purchase next to registration.
- Team registration MUST be finalized by Estrella!
Register Your Team for 2017
Rosters MUST BE FINAL by Estrella no exceptions!
For the 2017 season we will have two categories of teams competing for the State Championship team title:
- BIG RING – teams of 9 or more athletes – $150 per team
- LITTLE RING – teams of 2-8 athletes – $100 per team
1) Captains don’t need to be riders.
2) All athletes must have an Arizona.reg account (only takes 5 min to set up)
3) Captains (after payment) can select their riders from the Arizonareg.com database.
4) Team captains must register their team and are responsible for the accuracy of their roster.
5) Riders may not compete for more than 1 team or category of teams.
6) In the event of a tie in the team competition, the team with the most trail hours will be considered the champion.
7) Team captains are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of team points throughout the series.
8) Trophy cups will be awarded – 3 deep (3 Big Ring, 3 Little Ring)
Team Points – For each race, points earned by the top five (5) finishers on each team will accrue to the total team points.
Team Champions – The Little Ring and Big Ring team with the highest accumulated team points at season end will be the 2017 MBAA Race Series Team Champion in that team category.
Minimum Volunteer Hour Requirement – To be eligible to win a Series championship, Little Ring teams MUST complete a minimum of 25 volunteer hours, and Big Ring teams MUST complete a minimum of 50 volunteer hours.
If you’re renewing your team from last year team captains must log in on SWSportsReg.com home page, access your profile and use the last blue link in the top right corner of the profile (it says “Renew xxx” where xxx is the MBAA team name).
After renewing and completing team payment, the blue link will change to “Manage xxx” and you can add and remove team members. Questions email SWSportsReg.email@example.com.