Posted: April 19, 2017 by MBAA in Racing
Saturday May 13, 2017
Note, this will also be NAU graduation weekend so if you’re looking to book hotels, book early. The Snow Bowl ski resort hotel may be a good alternative to town. Camping is permitted on National Forest land surrounding the Fort Valley Trailhead.
The MBAA 6’er, a 6 hour team or solo event will take place on June 3rd at Fort Tuthill (the location of last year’s XC race). This event is not a part of the 6 race XC points series.
Posted: March 27, 2017 by MBAA in Racing
View results from White Tank Whirlwind.
Race photos are be available from Frozen Motion Photos
Remaining MBAA Races
Four races down, two to go in the series! This year your best 5 of 6 races will count towards the series overall. Plus we have Super D following Flagstaff Frenzy on Sunday and the MBAA 6’er on June 3rd.
MBAA series schedule:
- Race #1: McDowell Meltdown – Jan 14
- Race #2: Estrella Hedgehog Hustle – Jan 28
- Race #3: Havasu Havoc – Feb 20
- Race #4: White Tank Whirlwind – March 25
- Race #5: Prescott Punisher – April 15
- Race #6: Flagstaff Frenzy – May 13
Not part of the series:
Posted: March 27, 2017 by MBAA in Uncategorized
The Mountain Bike Association of Arizona (MBAA) is now accepting proposals to provide event registration services for the 2018 season. View the Request for Proposal guidelines. Proposals must be submitted to info@MBAA.net by April 14, 2017.
– The MBAA Board
Posted: January 3, 2017 by MBAA in News/Updates
We’ve got some cool new merchandise and schwag for 2017! Plus some great members only prizes. Stop by the MBAA tent next to registration to purchase your MBAA merchandise. Sign up for a membership online and pickup your socks & sticker at the booth.
Cost of Merch:
- Socks – $10
- Hats – $15
- T-Shirts – $20
Credit cards accepted, cash is preferred
- Proceeds go directly to trail projects in Arizona
- 2017 MBAA Sticker
- Special members only socks
- Entry into exclusive raffle prizes
Volunteer shirts are free (limit 100) so sign up to volunteer early!
Posted: December 22, 2016 by MBAA in Trails
The MBAA is excited to award $24,350 of grant money to local mountain bike clubs, IMBA chapters, and trail organizations across the state of Arizona in 2016.
This money comes from your race entries, memberships, and schwag purchases. It’s a beautiful thing to see a new piece of trail take shape or an old piece of trail revived. The MBAA is proud to be a part of funding some incredible projects. Thanks to everyone who submitted grant requests in 2016.
Funds have been awarded to the following organizations:
- Arizona Trail Association
- Rim Country Mountain Biking Association (RCMBA)
- Greater Prescott Outdoor Fund
- Prescott Mountain Bike Alliance
- Arizona Devo
- Desert Foothills Mountain Bike Association (DFMBA)
- Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists (SDMB)
- NavajoYES International Trails Symposium
- Trips for Kids
$10,000 was also raised from Fire on the Rim to benefit the Pine/Strawberry Fuel Reduction.