Posted: January 22, 2016 by MBAA in Racing
Full details including start times & lap counts — Click for Estrella Hedgehog Hustle Race Details.
Price increases Sunday at midnight!
- The tech loop is pretty rough, we highly recommend pre-riding.
- Sign up for Saturday’s trail work day.
- Marathon racers… your start time is 8:20a.
- Juniors 9-11 & 12-14, you will go off at 12:30p.
- The MBAA will provide a sweep for the 9-11 & 12-14 year old races.
- Thus, we ask parents to not ride with their kids during the race.
- Juniors 15+ you are self supported just like the adults, don’t forget a flat kit!
- There will be a final course sweep at the end of the day.
If you are able to help out please sign up to volunteer!
MBAA Members Only Raffle Drawing
We will again be raffling off some sweet prizes for MBAA members, including a free entry into the Fat Tire 40!
Click to Become an MBAA Member
Posted: December 7, 2015 by MBAA in News/Updates
We’re just a little over a month away from the first race of the 2016 season!
Get $25 off when you register for all 2016 MBAA events before Jan. 10th. Just enter the coupon code MBAA2016series at checkout.
Posted: December 4, 2015 by MBAA in News/Updates
The MBAA is a volunteer organization, made possible by people like YOU!
If you would like to be a part of the MBAA board (or know someone who should be) please nominate them for the upcoming elections.
We will be accepting nominations through Dec 10th. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your nomination.
Posted: October 23, 2015 by MBAA in News/Updates
The Mountain Bike Association of Arizona takes great pride in involving itself with so many great individuals – from racers, to volunteers, to recreational riders. It is because of you, that the MBAA is able to give back thousands of dollars in grants each year.
2015 Grants Awarded
- Desert Foothills Mountain Bike Association $1900
- Located in North Phoenix, the DFMBA is the sole producer of the Cave Creek Cactus Classic and will be working to improve the “Horse Crossing”on the Town of Cave Creek trail system.
- Trips for Kids $1500
- This youth cycling organization was able to take over 600 kids MTBing for the first time last year and is continuing to grow their ride program.
- Arizona Trail $5000
- AZT stewards will be improving the sections of trail just north of Picket Post TH in Superior, specifically Reavis Canyon. Building and maintaining sustainable switchbacks on the climb up Montana Mountain.
- Prescott/ IMBA $5000
- IMBA will be hosting an Advanced Trail Building School (ATBS) in Prescott, AZ, utilizing the Firewater Trail at Thumb Butte as the outdoor classroom for this session, training approx. 20 trail stewards from all over the state who will then be able to return to their local organizations and teach additional volunteers.
- Flagstaff Bikes Organization $3000
- The Super D in Flagstaff sent all proceeds to the FBO to continue work on Fort Tuthill Bike Park as well as major repair trails off of Mt. Elden.
- Pine/Strawberry Fuel Reduction $12,000
- With tremendous support from the communities of Pine and Strawberry, Fire on the Rim was able to raise $12,000 for Pine/Strawberry Fuel Reduction.
Thanks to all that submitted grant requests in 2015. If you would like to be considered for future grant money we encourage you to continue the great work and submit your proposals to us next year.
Posted: September 14, 2015 by MBAA in News/Updates
Tags: Tour de Fat
The annual New Belgium Tour de Fat is Sat. October 3rd and is one heck of a good time! Full Event Details
The event is run by volunteers and all proceeds go directly to the Tempe Bicycle Action Group, Bike Saviours Bicycle Collective, the Mountain Bike Association of Arizona, and the Central Arizona Mountain Bike Patrol.
Volunteer Perks: As a volunteer you’ll get 2 free beer tokens, a New Belgium volunteer-only water bottle and a coupon for $5 off a t-shirt at the souvenir booth. Plus, it will be fun – so sign up now!